You guys, it’s official: we all really like GTA V. Take a seat, I know, this is a lot to process.
Rockstar’s latest instalment of the GTA series has just smashed a whopping seven Guinness World Records, all but securing its status as the biggest entertainment release of 2k13 and/or ever. Sadly it couldn’t quite secure the title of World’s Longest Nails, but the ones it picked up were still pretty impressive:
1. Best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours
2. Best-selling video game in 24 hours
3. Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
4. Fastest video game to gross $1 billion
5. Highest grossing video game in 24 hours
6. Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
7. Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game
“Gaming is no longer a niche hobby, as GTA V has proved, and how exciting that it’s taken on the might of Hollywood and won,” said Guinness Book of World Records Editor in Chief, Craig Glenday. “GTA totally deserves to be recognized as an icon of modern British culture, and we’re thrilled to be able to feature the game in the record books.”
There you have it: conclusive proof that in 2k13 it’s never been more fun to complete missions go on a virtual homicidal rampage.
More GTA V